Senior Software Engineer
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software. Utilizes programming languages and technologies to develop new applications or enhancements for commercial or end-user applications. Participates in testing of new developments and modifications.
The System Administrator will support the EPIC application (client’s electronic medical record – enterprise solution) responsibilities will include participating in system builds, installations, and maintenance of the infrastructure environment. The Systems Administrator monitors the daily health of the operating systems and responds to backup related issues. The Systems Administrator provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
- Citrix administration for XenApp 6.5/7.6
- Daily maintenance and troubleshooting of the 300+ servers in the Citrix farm serving thousands of users (connection issues, application issues, etc.).
- Administration on Citrix PVS 7.6 for server vDisk image updates (ongoing task), upgrades (ongoing task), image maintenance/updates/upgrades (ongoing task),
- Knowledge of VMware 5.5/6 Maintenance/monitoring/upgrading/troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Epic Windows infrastructure which is running on VMWare virtual machines.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 Enterprise Administration and Active Directory
- SQL Server administration a plus
- Hands-on role in installing and administering Epic web and service servers.
- The administrator performs configuration, deployment, proactive monitoring and maintenance of EPIC related tasks, e.g. :
- Applying platform and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non-production Web server components
- Following vendor and Epic best practices for hardware and software configuration
- Epic Client System Administrator Knowledge/certification preferred
- SQL Servcer 2012/2014 – prefers 3 years’ experience
- EPIC Client Systems Admin – prefers 3 years’ experience
- Citrix XenApp 6.5/7.x – at least 8 years’ experience
- VSphere 5.5 / ESXi 5.5,6.0 or newer – at least 8 years’ experience
- Active Directory Administration – at least 3 years’ experience
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 – at least 8 years’ experience