Design, configure, document and implement network & security infrastructures for White Plains, NY. Migrate and integrate network and security infrastructures using company standards.
- Responsible for large-scale network designs that meets company’s needs and industry standards.
- Develop scripts for deployment of the network design and test for design integrity.
- Design changes and build-outs to the present network.
- Document and submit planned changes, configurations and their designs to the NCC for review.
- In conjunction with the Network Services Group, meet and work with product groups ensuring that business and user needs are met in the final design.
- Provide services for new projects and client initiatives.
- Adhere to specific project timelines by prioritizing client needs based on efficiency and immediacy of assigned projects.
- Work with and consult all project specific members and clients to guarantee that the project is continuing towards a successful completion.
- Participate in budgeting and procurement of necessary utilities for the project and ensuring that the designs can be deployed within budgetary parameters.
- Responsible for optimal Switch, Router, and Distribution configurations.
- Troubleshoot high level problems as required and works closely with the support team to ensure high quality customer support.
- Cisco Switching and Routing (4500 & ASR) design and configuration
- Cisco ASA5500 (Firewall & VPN) knowledge including rules & ACL’s
- Blue Coat url filtering understanding
- CCNP certification
- Deep understanding of the data center and IP networking including Layer 2 and Layer 3 architectures
- Basic understanding of configuring & troubleshooting switched networks with L2 protocols (STP, VLAN, Trunks & port-channels) & L3 protocols (BGP, OSPF)
- Basic understanding of L1 data center infrastructure (optics, cabling)
5+ years of experience as a network engineer