The Implementation Technician provides installation support for changes and projects as assigned. We are looking for a person who has done equipment installations, cabling, troubleshooting, etc. Looking for someone with datacenter experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Implementation Technician assists the Implementation Manager, with implementations, including site surveys, equipment installation and configurations. The incumbent is also responsible for pre installation design review, documentation, vendor supervision when required, NCC turnover and quality reviews. The Implementation Technician, working along with the Implementation Manager, operates within the framework of the complete project management life cycle and adheres to industry and Emerging Health IT Standards. This individual interacts with groups internal and external to the organization on a daily basis in conformance with Montefiore IT policy and procedures.
The Implementation Technician provides post go live support to our clients. He/she troubleshoots problems as they occur. The Implementation Technician must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently, and must act as a point person in the field. Will work in Data Center to bring servers and switches on line.
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred / or trade school
- A+ Preferred
- Requires a working knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP), routers and switches.
- Should be familiar with cabling specifications (Cat5) and multi-mode fiber.
- Requires solid desktop computing skills including hardware configuration, operating system software (W2k/XP) as well as the MS Office suite of applications.
- Knowledge of Server upgrades, decommissioning of old servers, installation of new servers, including Blade technology.
- Familiarity with equipment tracking, asset management, QC and inventory control.
- Must be able to work with multiple large –scale, concurrent projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Remedy
- Ability to do technical documentation (Visio, Excel, etc.) as required.
- Minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- Must present a professional appearance and be able to communicate effectively.
- Proficient in rack, stack and cabling servers and networking (WAN, LAN, SAN) switches in a data center environment
- Device documentation updates
- High proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Visio
- Must have own car – will be required to travel to and from multiple sites
- We are looking for a person who has done equipment installations, cabling, troubleshooting, etc. Looking for some with datacenter experience.