Database Administrator – New York, NY
MS SQL Server DBA role is largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. This is a production DBA role; as such it may require off hour production support activities. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. Part of this role will involve working with development teams to ensure best practices and overall policies are maintained when enhancements or new projects are being developed. This role will also require working with development teams to ensure that best practices are adhered to for on-going development cycles. Developing ETL processes and assisting with development efforts of the Provider Assignment application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- DBA for production environment.
- Performance monitoring.
- Test and develop production jobs.
- Production Support.
- Working with development teams to ensure SQL best practices are maintained.
- Working with development teams on new applications as needed by the business.
- Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience with SQL Migration across versions.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with creating SSIS package.
- Working experience with SQL 2012 is a plus.
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts a plus.
- Familiarity with SSAS is a plus.
- 4-6 years’ experience supporting a production environment.
- 2+ years working with SSIS packages.