Business Acceleration Analyst – New York, NY
Scope of Services:
The NYC Business program was launched with a mandate to transform the way in which City government provides services to the local business community and to help make New York City “the most business-friendly City in the world.” To accomplish this, the NYC Business team has taken on a broad portfolio of project initiatives, ranging from the implementation of powerful enterprise technology solutions to sweeping business process re-engineering projects. Included among the technology deliverables will be the expansion of online portal solutions for the local business community, and the implementation of new back-office software solutions for City personnel who provide services to businesses.
This position will work under the direction of the Project Managers and Requirements Lead to document business, functional and technical requirements for the NYC Business application team. This individual will also perform fit gap analysis of systems and assist in design work.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience gathering and documenting requirements and/or working in an IT project
- A minimum of 3 years experience creating flow charts using Visio
- Experience in all stages of the system development life cycle
- Experience in participating in UAT and testing
- Proven experience in defining requirements for solutions in multiple-entity environments (multiple agencies, business partners, etc.)
- Experience in CRM and Reporting
- Strong working knowledge with the following tools: Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to gather functional specification documents and use cases
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Must take initiative, be a decisive decision-maker and show confidence in decisions made
- Must be able to take strategic direction from executive management and participate in strategic planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- In depth knowledge of data sharing standards (XML reference documents)
- Ability to perform fit gap analysis of systems, assist in design work, drafting on-going support materials, and UAT and training support.
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field
- ACCELA product experience